Friends of the Earth seeks proposals for prospect researching for both individual major donors and foundations. This project will play a pivotal role in expanding Friends of the Earth’s major donor and foundation support to further our mission.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- A minimum of five years of experience in nonprofit development, philanthropy, and fundraising
- Proven track record in researching individual giving capacity and giving history
- Proven track record in researching foundation giving criteria and grant processes
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
- Three or more years of experience working for or with nonprofit organizations with a budget of at least $10 million
- Passion for Friends of the Earth’s mission and values
- Individual Donors:
- Assessing current donors giving under $1,000; conducting research to discover who has the capacity and inclination to give at a higher level
- Identifying prospective donors; discovering who gives to like-minded organizations
- Identifying at least 25 individual donor prospects per quarter with a capacity to give $10,000 or more per year.
- Institutional Funders:
- Assisting with prospect research to identify potential new grant opportunities for Friends of the Earth’s campaigns
- Researching the compatibility of new foundations and assessing new foundations that program teams may suggest
- Identifying 10 new foundation prospects per quarter
To Submit a Proposal
E-mail proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “Research Consultant.” No mailed proposals. Friends of the Earth is an equal opportunity employer which encourages applications from women, people of color and other members of underrepresented groups who will contribute to the diversity of its staff.
Friends of the Earth U.S., founded by David Brower in 1969, is the U.S. voice of the world’s largest federation of grassroots environmental groups, with a presence in 75 countries. Friends of the Earth works to defend the environment and champion a more healthy and just world. We are a hard-hitting, progressive, environmental organization that pulls no punches and speaks truth to power. Our approach has resulted in landmark environmental laws, precedent-setting legal victories and groundbreaking reforms of domestic and international regulatory, corporate and financial institution policies.
To accomplish our mission, Friends of the Earth is working at the nexus of environmental protection, economic policy and social justice to fundamentally transform the way our country and the world value people and the environment. Our current campaigns focus on promoting clean energy and solutions to climate change, ensuring the food we eat and products we use are sustainable and safe for our health and the environment, and protecting marine ecosystems and the people who live and work near them.