Top musicians, faith leaders and climate activists gather for Pope Francis’ Moral Action on Climate Justice Rally
Speakers: The Most Reverend Pedro Jimeno Barreto Archbishop of Huancayo, Dolores Huerta, Reverand Barber;
Featuring: Victoria Justice, Moby, Sean Paul, Natasha Bedingfield, Christina Grimmie, Eric Paslay, Q’orianka Kilcher and Toby Gad in a Special, Live Performance of “Love Song to the Earth”
WASHINGTON, D.C. — On September 24, as Pope Francis addresses Congress, tens of thousands of citizens representing an unprecedented coalition of activists of all creeds, colors and faiths, will join together to rally on the National Mall. DC’s only free, un-ticketed public event for the Pope will demand that our leaders #FollowFrancis and take bold action for climate justice.
An all-star lineup ofmusicians, religious leaders and climate justice activists including Moby, Rev. William Barber, Victoria Justice and others will be at the rally. Natasha Bedingfield, Sean Paul, Victoria Justice and others will participate in a special performance of “Love Song to the Earth,” a new anthem which captures the spirit of climate action. The recently released song united Friends of the Earth U.S., the UN Foundation, Natasha Bedingfield, Paul McCartney and a host of artists and performers to raise awareness about the threats of climate change, and to inspire action by world leaders before the international climate talks in Paris. The artists, producers and directors of the Love Song project? — as well as Apple? — ?are donating their respective proceeds to Friends of the Earth U.S. and the United Nations Foundation.
What: Rally for Moral Action on Climate Justice
When: 7 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., Thursday, September 24, 2015
Where: National Mall between 3rd and 7th Streets
- Bishop Pedro Jimeno Barreto, Archbishop of Huancayo, and delegate of CELAM (Episcopal Conference of LA) for the Pan-Amazon Ecclesial Network (REPAM)
- Rev. Dr. William Barber, Pastor of Greenleaf Christian Church and Architect of Moral Mondays
- Victoria Justice, Actress and Singer
- Moby, Songwriter and Musician
- Eric Paslay, Country Music Singer and Songwriter
- Sean Paul, Dance Hall Musician and Singer
- Natasha Bedingfield, Singer and Songwriter
- Christina Grimmie, Singer and Songwriter
- Toby Gad, Producer and Songwriter
- Q’orianka Kilcher, Actress, Singer
- Dolores Huerta, United Farm Workers
- Earth Day Network
Note to Media: All requests for press credentials should be made to Charlie DiPasquale at [email protected], or by phone at (240) 481-6632. Credentials will be distributed 11 a.m. – 2 p.m., September 22-23, at FitzGibbon Media Inc.; 1915 I Street, Washington, DC. Additional credentials may be available at the on-site media tent.
Charlie DiPasquale, (240) 481-6632, [email protected]
EA Dyson, (202) 222-0730, [email protected]