Learn More About Us
Friends of the Earth fights for a more healthy and just world.
Together we speak truth to power and expose those who endanger the health of people and the planet for corporate profit. We organize to build long-term political power and campaign to change the rules of our economic and political systems that create injustice and destroy nature.
What We Do
Friends of the Earth strives for a more healthy and just world. We understand that the challenges facing our planet call for more than half measures, so we push for the reforms that are needed, not merely the ones that are politically easy.
Sometimes, this involves speaking uncomfortable truths to power and demanding more than people think is possible. It’s hard work. But the pressures facing our planet and its people are too important for us to compromise.
We Work to:
- Defend the Environmental Protection Agency and strengthen other agencies’ work to protect public health from attacks by corporate polluters
- Protect organic agriculture and work to make sustainable and healthy food available to all
- Fight against trade deals that undermine democracy and expand the power of international business
- Promote clean energy solutions that are community-controlled and help alleviate poverty
- Empower people to hold financial institutions accountable for destroying tropical rainforests
- Push public institutions – both bilateral and multilateral – to improve the lives, livelihoods, and environments of people throughout the world
- Support community efforts to protect our oceans from fossil fuel projects, including export terminals and coal plants